6/13/11

Click Here | Jo Thompson

with 0 comments


Coughing and spluttering, suffering a fever and sore throat, I braved the cold and wintery Melbourne air to attend the book launch of Paul Collins' 'Mole Hunt'. The convention room was warm and packed with a sci fi crowd that slightly took me by surprise. I wasn't sure what I had been expecting but it certainly wasn't a room full of goths and geeks. My fever felt like I was hallucinating for a minute.


After a brief sit down and the official launch, I got to speak to Paul and get him to sign another of his Ford Street publications, 'The Glasshouse'. And to my surprise the illustrator Jo Thompson was there and also signed the book for me.


It was fantastic to bump into another successful female illustrator, based in Melbourne. This city certainly stirs up a lot of creativity. Maybe it's something in the water here?


You can check out more about 'The Glasshouse' at Ford Street publishing or join Jo Thompson at her 'Create a Kid's Book Workshop'.



0 comments:

Post a Comment