2/22/11

Click Here | Sally Rippin

with 2 comments


Let's hear it for the ladies!
Sally Rippin, another Melbourne based illustrator, has just released another book. Check out all the information at her website www.sallyrippin.com
My 7 year old daughter is a huge fan of Sally's Billie.B.Brown books. Sally even made a visit to my daughter's school to publicise them. It was so exciting for the girl's to hear from a real illustrator/author and added extra zeal to their reading efforts.
Sally's whole career is commendable and includes a Crichton Award in 1997 for "Fang Fang's Chinese New Year and a May Gibbs Fellowship in 2008. Not so secretly, I personally find her work an inspiration and strive to emulate her success in publishing.

2 comments:

  1. Sally Rippin said...

    Thanks Jane! So pleased to hear your daughter is enjoying the Billie B Brown books. I have been overwhelmed by how well they have been received and I get the cutest fan mail!

  2. Jane Connory said...

    So great to hear about your success with the Billie B Brown series! Thanks for dropping by my blog ... :)

Post a Comment